Racquet Director’s Diary
Roehampton Tennis Club Championships 2020
The tennis Club Championships will be held from the 30th August to 6th September. The tournament will take place throughout the week; therefore, you would need to be available the days and evenings of the events you have entered. All main events will be played in the evenings/weekends with most of the vet’s events scheduled in the daytime. Finals will be played on Sunday 6th September. You may be required to play more than one match per day. The exact format of matches to be confirmed.
List of Events
Men’s and Ladies Open Single
Men’s, Ladies and Mixed Open Doubles
Over 45’s ladies Singles
Over 45’s Ladies Doubles
Over 60’s Ladies Doubles
Over 45’s Men’s Singles
Over 45’s Men’s Doubles
Over 45’s Mixed Doubles
Over 60’s Men’s Singles
Over 60’s Men’s Doubles
Over 70’s Men’s Doubles
Men’s Handicap Singles
Ladies Handicap Singles
Mixed Handicap Doubles
Men’s and Ladies handicap doubles (enter these events, as a single player. Partners will be drawn at random by the Tournament Committee)
To enter please call reception. All entries are free. Please note you may enter a maximum of 3 events.
Full tournament schedule will be available from 17th August.
Closing date is 16th August
Club nights have restarted but during these times we must follow certain guidelines.
Wednesday Night Club Night:
- It will take place on the bottom block of the grass courts at 6pm till 7:30pm.
- Members will need to book this session by calling reception. Bookings will open every Thursday morning at 8am for the following Wednesday.
- There is a maximum number of spaces each week.
- If you have not booked on the session you will be unable to attend and will be turned away if you show up at the courts.
- John Paish will be running the sessions and come to pick up a list of who has booked prior to the session each week.
- If the grass courts are not in play the session will be cancelled. If this is the case reception will send text message informing all players booked on for that week.
PRE-ATTENDANCE SYMPTOM CHECK
- All coaches and participants in your sessions should undergo a pre attendance self-assessment for any COVID-19 symptoms using the information on the NHS website before leaving home.
- No-one should leave home to participate in tennis if they, or someone they live with, has symptoms of COVID -19, currently recognised as any of:
– A high temperature
– A new, continuous cough
– A loss of, or change to, their sense of smell or taste
- Should an individual have demonstrated any such symptoms, they must follow NHS and PHE guidance on self-isolation.
- Players should turn up just before the session start time.
- Please go straight to the courts and avoid social gatherings before and after the session.
- Please use the on-court hand sanitiser when entering and leaving the courts.
- Players are advised to limit their interactions with anyone outside of the group they are attending the venue with (e.g. players on another court or in a different coaching group)
- Players should continue to maintain social distancing from those that they do not live with or are in a support bubble with.
- If you are in a clinically vulnerable group (e.g. over 70) you can play tennis but should be especially careful and diligent about social distancing and hand hygiene.
If you have any questions, please let me know.
The Indoor Tennis Centre reopened on 25th July. Please make sure you use the correct door for the court you have booked. All players should leave the court a few minutes before the end of their booking so the court is empty when the next players arrive. The ITC will be cleaned regularly with handles and doors wiped down. Please continue to use the hand sanitiser stationed at the entrance to each court and observe the social distancing guidelines. The viewing gallery will remain closed; however, the toilet will be in operation. Please also note that the Mojjo video recording equipment on court 1 will not be in use.
From Monday 27th July all courts (expect grass) are bookable 7 days in advance. Grass courts will continue to be bookable 24 hours in advance. Can I again remind all Members to put all player names on your MyCourt bookings to allow us to keep track of who has attended the Club.
The Club’s philosophy for all sports under the current restrictions is to ensure use of all its facilities is available for all Members throughout the day and evening. Therefore, the Tennis Committee has decided that there should not be any block bookings of courts for the foreseeable future. Members can book all courts whether indoor or outdoor under the current booking rules until further notice. The Committee will review the position in the autumn.
Tennis Guest Policy Update
Members may now bring guests at the weekends. Please choose the **Guest** drop down option on MyCourts when booking the court and call Reception to give details of the guest and pay the fee.
Dan Lott | Racquets Director | email@example.com