Health Club Update
Gym Session Times
Following Member feedback we will be trialing gym session start times commencing on the hour on Saturday and Sundays only. This is to align gym sessions with other Club activities so that Members can maximize their experience and usage of the Club at a weekend.
This change started on Saturday 10th October and will be reviewed at the end of October.
The decision to make this change has been carefully reviewed to ensure that we can still maintain our COVID secure operation and adhere to industry guidance at the Health Club.
Monday to Friday gym sessions will remain starting on the half hour commencing at 6.30am to allow for early morning workouts before work as requested.
Health Club Activity – Bookings and Cancellations
As the Health Club is becoming busier with more Members returning to exercise indoors, we must insist that all Members be considerate by following the below:
- Arrive as close to the start time of your activity as we do not have waiting areas for activities
- Only book an activity if you know you can attend
- All cancellations MUST be made 12hrs in advance
- Within 12hrs, you will need to contact the Health Club Reception to cancel. You will not be able to cancel online.
- There is no penalty for your first late cancellation, just a warning.
- On subsequent occasions, the system will automatically suspend the Member’s booking rights for seven days.
- The same applies to all ‘No Shows’ for bookings.
The above policy is to ensure that all Members have a fair opportunity to take part in their favourite activity.
Face Masks in the Health Club
The Club’s decision to make face coverings compulsory inside all Club buildings will be extended to include the communal areas of the Health Club. This means masks must be worn in the following circumstances:
- Entering and leaving the Health Club
- Walking around the Health Club to the Gym, Studios, Poolside
- Moving through changing areas and toilets
- Arriving for your swim session
- Dropping off children for swim lessons
- Waiting in the Juice Bar
Face coverings are not required while undertaking physical activity within the gym, exercise classes or swimming.
Thank you for your continued cooperation in making the Health Club a COVID-secure environment.
Steam Room and Sauna
As you may be aware Government guidance has now changed to allow the reopening of Steam Rooms and Saunas.
We have reviewed the operating guidance and following consultation with the Health Club Forum it has been agreed that the Steam Room and Sauna would be best served as additional changing areas for Outdoor Pool swimmers as we are now entering the winter months.
New Hydro Spin Class
Due to popular demand we will be adding a second Hydro Spin Class starting on Wednesday 21st October at 1.10pm. Bookings can be made three days in advance online or by calling the Health Club Reception on 020 8480 4245.
Adult Beginners Swim Session
Following Member feedback we will be re-introducing the Adult Beginners Swim Session from Tuesday 3rd November at 1pm. This session is run by a qualified Swim Teacher who focuses on technique and stroke correction. Please book your space online or via the Health Club Reception on 020 8480 4245.
Pool Timetables Half-term, 26th October to 1st November
Please click on the links below for the up-to-date pool excel timetables:
Please help us to keep the Swimming Pools as clean as possible by following these important rules:
- Always shower before entering the water
- Please make use of blue cover shoes where available
- All children aged under four must wear a swim nappy at all times
- Please ensure children have used the toilet before swimming
- Under no circumstances should anyone swim if you have been unwell with diarrhea in the last 72hrs
- Only allow your child to swim at least 90 minutes after eating
If you have any questions please contact me directly or speak to a Member of the Health Club Team.
Luke Fenton | Health Club Manager | firstname.lastname@example.org