Racquet Director’s Diary
IMPORTANT – Covid-19 Tier 2 Restrictions
As you may know the Covid-19 restrictions on London will change to Tier 2 from Saturday.
The means that from Saturday:
- No group adult lessons can take place indoors
- Members can only play indoors if they are playing with the same household (no singles or doubles are allowed indoors)
- Junior groups can take place inside (18U only, parent/guardian supervision permitted, only one per player)
- One-to-one coaching can still take place inside (only with one household)
- Social play is permitted outside for singles and doubles, however the rule of six applies.
- All social sessions, including club nights/team training etc. will have to go outside and rule of six applies
Please see the LTA link below to view the changes:
With the weather change over the last few weeks the demand for indoor courts is increasing. The ITC is now bookable 7 days in advance and members can book 90 minutes of court time from 8am each day. The Airhall over court 12 to 14 is due to go up the week of the 19th or 26th October. The reason we have a two-week window for the installation is because it can only be done in certain weather conditions. Please remember to check in for all courts and note that for ITC and Airhall courts there is a 12-hour cancelation policy.
Roehampton Club Tennis Trophy
A new competition never seen at Roehampton Club before! Starting November 2020
We are running a new exciting competition below for singles and doubles. You are guaranteed to get similar level competition and the opportunity to win your event and challenge those in higher leagues or teams. You can partner anyone of any age or gender and if you would like us to pair you up with a partner please let us know.
- A competition for men, women and Juniors over 14 or with a minimum LTA rating of 6.2
- All matches will be sent to LTA for LTA rating and UTR purposes
- Multiple division draws
- Divisions will be decided by various standard guides regardless of gender and age.
- Each division will have a champion, but players will also qualify to keep competing until they eventually lose.
- All finals will be played on Friday 21st March 2021
- Prizes for every division winner
- Bonus prize for the player who wins the most matches in the tournament across all divisions
- Singles matches will be arranged between Members prior to Finals Day and be two sets and a match tie-break
- Same tournament format as Singles with division standards, qualifications and scoring format
- Doubles partners can be of any gender or age.
- Division will be decided by the combined UTR, LTA Rating or League Positions
- Doubles competition will be Fast 4 Format and held on set evening or weekend days.
- All finals will be played Friday 21st March 2021
If you are an LTA member you will have an LTA tennis rating. If you are currently not a member and wish to join you can see the benefits and sign up free of charge here:
To find out more information or to sign up please email: email@example.com
Pay and Play
Pay and Play sessions are proving very popular this term. If you are looking to improve your doubles tactics and positioning ready for your league matches or just want general doubles practice and advice, the pay and play sessions are perfect for you. These sessions have now restarted on Mondays and Fridays on courts 7 and 8 between 10 – 11.30am. If you are interested, please book at Reception prior to the session. Please note six people allowed per session.
Club Social Sessions
- Club Night is taking place on Wednesday evenings on Smash court 4,5 and 6.
- 18-35’s Social tennis will continue on courts 12 to 14 at 7.30pm on Mondays.
- Ladies’ morning on Thursdays will be 9.30 – 11am on smash courts 4,5 and 6.
- Vets match-play will take place on courts 12 to 14 every Thursday, 1.30 – 3pm.
- Club afternoon on Saturdays, 3 – 4.30pm will take place on courts 12 to 14.
Please continue to sign up for these sessions each week at Reception and follow the guidelines below:
PRE-ATTENDANCE SYMPTOM CHECK
- All coaches and participants in your sessions should undergo a pre attendance self- assessment for any COVID-19 symptoms using the information on the NHS website before leaving home.
- No-one should leave home to participate in tennis if they, or someone they live with, has symptoms of COVID -19, currently recognised as any of:
– A high temperature
– A new, continuous cough
– A loss of, or change to, their sense of smell or taste
- Should an individual have demonstrated any such symptoms, they must follow NHS and PHE guidance on self-isolation.
ALL SOCIAL CLUB SESSIONS
- Players should turn up just before the session start time.
- Please go straight to the courts and avoid social gatherings before and after the session.
- Please use the on-court hand sanitiser when entering and leaving the courts.
- Players are advised to limit their interactions with anyone outside of the group they are attending the venue with (e.g. players on another court or in a different coaching group)
- Players should continue to maintain social distancing from those that they do not live with or are in a support bubble with.
- If you are in a clinically vulnerable group (e.g. over 70) you can play tennis but should be especially careful and diligent about social distancing and hand hygiene.
Tennis Section Annual Meeting
The Tennis Annual Meeting will be held on Monday 19th October at 7.30pm.
The meeting will include:
- A review of the year by the Tennis Chairman, Andrew Wakely
- A Court surfaces review by Peter Bradburn, the Course and Grounds Manager
- 2021 Developments – Padel and new Airhalls, by Tim Freeman, Trevor May Ltd
- Racquets Director Report, Dan Lott, Racquets Director
The meeting will be held via zoom. If you would like to attend please register interest with firstname.lastname@example.org
Dan Lott | Racquets Director | email@example.com